The amazing Karen from Pet Acutherapy, fondly dubbed “Karen Wonderhands” by our patients, provides treatments for cats and dogs right here at Pet Wellness Centre.
Acupuncture is absolutely wonderful for pets. It can be used to treat a whole host of ailments including arthritis, muscle pain, skin conditions and anxieties and we have been completely amazed at the results we have seen for our patients.
Here’s some of the treatments that we offer:-
- Acupuncture is performed by inserting thin painless, sterile, stainless steel needles into specific points on the body.
- Most acupuncture points are located along 14 major channels, which form a network that carries blood and energy throughout the entire body (Chi).
- Acupuncture produces a physiological response. It can provide pain relief, stimulate the immune and nervous systems, increase microcirculation, and decrease inflammation.
PHOTONIC LIGHT THERAPY
- Reduces pain by increasing endorphin production, a natural painkiller.
- Reducing inflammation suppresses enzymes that create swelling, redness, and pain, and boosts the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- Increases lymphatic drainage
- Increases circulation
- Speeds the healing process by up to 70%
- Relaxes tight muscles and releases muscle cramps
- Helps to relieve age-related problems
- Reverses muscle loss from inactivity or disuse
- Provides relief from muscle tension, soreness, spasms, and weaknesses
- Provides relief from chronic pain and discomfort from arthritis, hip dysplasia, etc. through the release of endorphins.
- Also, massage can help to provide emotional well-being for the pet.
To find out more please contact us to discuss your pet’s individual needs. We’d love to help.